On Sunday I visited a zoo for the first time in over 20 years. Being there brought back memories from my childhood. I realized that I have evolved, but there are some traits about me that are inherent.
The experience prompted me to revisit an activity that I completed when I was reading the Artist's Way (in my favorites section to the right).This activity helps me daydream and uncover things about myself that I had forgotten, similar to the zoo outing.
It's never too late to recapture your dreams and make them a reality. Take a moment to get in touch with your inner artist child by completing these phrases:
- As a kid, I missed the chance to____________.
- As a kid, I lacked ____________.
- As a kid, I could have used ____________.
- As a kid, I dreamed of being ____________.
- As a kid, I wanted a ____________.
- In my house, we never had enough ____________.
- As a kid, I needed more ____________.
- I am sorry that I will never again see ____________.
- For year, I have missed and wondered about ____________.
- I beat myself up about the loss of ____________.
What did you learn from this activity (pretend that this is the 3rd grade and share)?
Here's a photo of me at the zoo circa 1984. In 2009, I still admire animals the same fashion -- from a distance.