- with similar colors, it’s a great way to let opposites attract without being too extreme;
- with different print sizes, “clashing” is chic, but looking jumbled is not—make sure your mix has enough contrast; and
- with shapes that are complementary, for example plaids and pretty florals or soft earthy prints with ornate shapes.
- Pull out your prints i.e. shop your own closet, before buying new.
- Break it up. Select complementary solid accessories and shoes.
- Layer it with a lightweight cardigan or jacket, wear your outfit to work and navigate the ambiguity of summer nights.
- Let your personality shine. Choose clothes that suite your body type and patterns that you love the most.
There's an artistic approach to wearing prints that can easily be overlooked. The days of matchy matchy are long gone, it’s all about the mix. The possibilities are endless when you get it in print— just remember to keep it classy and fun!