Saturdays are just perfect for letting your creative self shine. If you're having trouble getting started, no worries, incorporate my tips and you'll be making, writing, or doing something new in no time!
1. Start small. Set attainable goals, each week, for your creative life. This could simply involve visiting a thrift shop, making a card, or watching a film.
2. Find accountability. Share your creative interest by maintaining a blog, joining a group, or taking a class. By engaging others in your exploration, you’ll find a support system and, hopefully, a few champions of your work.
3. Spend time alone. Even if it’s only 30 minutes a week to journal, collage, or stitch.
4. Do it now. If you have a creative impulse, act on it. There’s no better time than the present.
5. Never say or let anyone tell you that you are not creative. There are moments in all of our lives where we might be stagnant, but we all have the innate urge, ability, and right to create something that did not exist before. We are all creative in some shape or form.
Read the entire piece inlucding an exclusive interview with me on the DIY Business Association blog.
Whenever I'm in a creative rut I enter collage mode using magazines, fabric, glue and stickers! This is one of my favorites.