For the past week I've been making these tasty organic Peanut Butter Cookies. Here's how I do it!
- 1 cup unsalted organic butter
- 1 1/4 cup organic peanut butter (I used Once Again Creamy)
- 1/2 cup white sugar cubes
- 1 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 organic eggs
- 2 1/2 cups organic whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon Kosher or regular salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of rock salt (for sprinkling)
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 splash of organic milk or cream (about 3 tablespoons, or so)
- Cream together butter and sugars. You will have to muddle the sugar cubes until they start to break apart. Beat in eggs and then add the peanut butter.
- In a separate bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda, and Kosher salt. Stir into batter add splash of milk or cream. Stir again.
- Set the timer for 90 minutes, place in fridge.
- Roll into 1 inch balls and put on baking sheets. Flatten each ball with a fork, making a criss-cross pattern. Place 5-10 pieces of rock salt on each cookie.
- Bake in a preheated 375 degrees F oven. Set your timer for 14 minutes. Cookies should be slightly browned on the edges.
Now grab a glass of milk or an iced coffee, yummm!